WebCompass Software (“WebCompass Software”) strives to provide exceptional software products that help to make your web browsing and Internet experience more enjoyable. By installing and using this WebCompass Software software (the “Software”), you hereby agreed to the following terms and conditions.
1. LICENSE - Subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, WebCompass Software grants to you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable license, without the right to sublicense, to use or the Software in accordance with this Agreement and any other written agreement that you may have with WebCompass Software. You are being granted a right and license to use the Software. WebCompass Software does not transfer title of the Software to you. This Agreement is a legally binding agreement between WebCompass Software and the user(s) of this Software. If you do not agree to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, you are required to immediately cease installing or using this Software and remove the Software and any associated documentation from your computer.
2. DISTRIBUTION - Unless otherwise authorized herein or by a written agreement between you and WebCompass Software, this Software, any accompanying documentation, and the license herein granted shall not be copied, shared, distributed, re-sold, offered for re-sale, transferred or sub-licensed in whole or in part. For information about redistribution of this Software, please contact WebCompass Software at: http://www.getwebcompass.com.
3. USER AGREEMENT
3.1 Use Restrictions - You shall use this Software in compliance with all applicable laws and not for any unlawful purpose. The assignment, sublicense, networking, sale, or distribution of copies of this Software is strictly forbidden without the prior written consent of WebCompass Software. It is a violation of this Agreement to assign, sell, share, loan, rent, lease, borrow, network or transfer the use of this Software. You shall not allow others to use or make copies of this licensed Software. Others may obtain a copy of the Software from: http://www.getwebcompass.com.
3.2 Copyright Restriction –You acknowledge and agree that any and all intellectual property rights to or arising from the Software are and shall remain the exclusive property of WebCompass Software and/or its licensors. Nothing in this Agreement intends to transfer any such intellectual property rights to, or to vest any such intellectual property rights in, you. You are only entitled to the limited use of the intellectual property rights granted to you under this Agreement. You will not take any action to jeopardize, limit or interfere with the intellectual property rights of WebCompass Software. You acknowledge and agree that any unauthorized use of the intellectual property rights of WebCompass Software is a violation of this Agreement as well as a violation of intellectual property laws, including without limitation copyright laws and trademark laws. You acknowledge and understand that all title and intellectual property rights in and to any third party content that is not contained in the Software, but may be accessed through use of the Software, is the property of the respective content owners and may be protected by applicable copyright or other intellectual property laws and treaties.The Software contains copyrighted material, trade secrets and other proprietary material. You shall not, and shall not attempt to, modify, reverse engineer, disassemble or decompile this Software. Nor can you create any derivative works or other works that are based upon or derived from the Software in whole or in part. No program, code, part, image, or text may be copied or used in any way by the user except as intended within the bounds of this Agreement. All rights not expressly granted hereunder are reserved for WebCompass Software.
3.3 Limitation of Liability & Indemnification – You will indemnify, hold harmless, and defend WebCompass Software, its employees, agents and distributors against any and all claims, proceedings, demand and costs resulting from or in any way connected with your use of the Software. IN NO EVENT (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, IN THE EVENT OF NEGLIGENCE) WILL WebCompass Software, ITS EMPLOYEES, AGENTS OR DISTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF USE, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, LOSS OF INFORMATION OR DATA, OR PECUNIARY LOSS), IN CONNECTION WITH OR ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THIS AGREEMENT, THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SOFTWARE OR THE FURNISHING, PERFORMANCE OR USE OF ANY OTHER MATTERS HEREUNDER WHETHER BASED UPON CONTRACT, TORT OR ANY OTHER THEORY INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE, EVEN IF WebCompass Software HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
3.4 Disclaimer and Warranties – The Software is being provided to you on an “AS IS” and “AS AVAILABLE” basis. Except as expressly stated in writing by an authorized employee of WebCompass Software, WebCompass Software makes no representation or warranties in respect of this Software and expressly excludes all other warranties, expressed or implied, oral or written, including, without limitation, any implied warranties of merchantable quality or fitness for a particular purpose. WebCompass Software FURTHER DOES NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT THE SOFTWARE WILL ALWAYS BE ACCESSIBLE, UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, ACCURATE, COMPLETE AND ERROR-FREE OR WILL OPERATE WITHOUT PACKET LOSS, NOR DOES WebCompass Software WARRANT ANY CONNECTION TO OR TRANSMISSION FROM THE INTERNET, TO OR FROM ANY NETWORK OR ANY QUALITY OF ANY COMMUNICATION MADE USING THE SOFTWARE.
3.5 Governing Law - This Agreement, and all claims related to it, or the performance by both parties under it, shall be governed exclusively by the laws of the Province of British Columbia and the laws of Canada applicable therein except any principles regarding conflicts of law rules and the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods. You hereby irrevocably attorn and submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of British Columbia, and any competent Courts of Appeal therefrom. If any provision shall be considered unlawful, void or otherwise unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from this License and not affect the validity and enforceability of any other provisions.
3.6 Term and Termination –This Agreement will be effective from the date that you install the Software and shall remain effective until terminated by either WebCompass Software or you. Any failure to comply with the terms and conditions of this Agreement will result in automatic and immediate termination of this license. You may terminate this Agreement with immediate effect at any time, with or without cause. Upon termination of the license granted herein for any reason, you agree to immediately cease use of the Software and destroy all copies of the Software supplied under this Agreement. The financial obligations incurred by you or any indemnification obligations by you shall survive the termination of this license.
3.7 No Waiver - No term or condition of the Agreement will be deemed amended or waived, and no breach excused, unless such amendment, waiver or consent is in writing and signed by WebCompass Software. The failure of WebCompass Software to enforce at any time any of the provisions of this Agreement, or the failure to require at any time performance by you of any of the provisions of this Agreement, shall in no way be construed to be a present or future waiver of such provisions, nor in any way affect the ability of WebCompass Software to enforce each and every such provision thereafter.
4. CONSENT TO USE OF DATA -You agree that WebCompass Software may collect and use information transmitted by you through the Software and/or gathered in any manner as part of the services provided to you, if any. WebCompass Software will not collect any personally identifiable information from your computer location or workstation during this process. WebCompass Software may also use any information collected to improve and enhance the Software and to provide notices to you which may be of use or interest to you. The Software contains components that enable and facilitate the use of certain technologies and Internet-based services. You acknowledge and agree that WebCompass Software may automatically check the version of the Software that has been installed on your computer system that you are utilizing and may provide updates, upgrades, or fixes to the Software. The Software may automatically download and install updates, upgrades, or fixes to the Software from WebCompass Software. These updates, upgrades, or fixes are designed to improve, enhance, and further develop your use of the Software. You agree to receive such updates, upgrades, or fixes (and permit WebCompass Software to deliver these to you) as part of your use of the Software.
5. ADVERTISEMENTS – Some components of the Software may be supported by advertising revenue and may display advertisements and promotions. These advertisements may be targeted to the content of information stored by or through the Software, queries made through the Software or other information. The manner, mode and extent of advertising by WebCompass Software through the Software are subject to change without prior notice to you. In consideration for WebCompass Software granting you access to and use of the Software and associated services, you agree that WebCompass Software may place such advertising on the Software.
6. THIRD PARTY CONTENT AND LINKS – The Software may include hyperlinks to other third party web sites, content, or resources. WebCompass Software may have no control over any web sites, content, or resources which are being provided through the Software by third parties other than WebCompass Software. When using the Software, you acknowledge and agree that WebCompass Software is not responsible for the availability of any such third party external sites, content, or resources, and WebCompass Software does not endorse any advertising, products, services, or other materials on or available from such web sites, content, or resources. You further acknowledge and agree that WebCompass Software shall not be liable for any loss or damage which may be incurred by you as a result of the availability of those external sites, content, or resources, or as a result of any reliance placed by you on the completeness, accuracy or existence of any advertising, products or other materials on, or available from, such web sites or resources.
7. ALWAYS ON APPLICATION - WebCompass is a desktop toolbar application and as such is intentionally always active on your computer system. If you need to disable the Software temporarily, click the WebCompass icon in the notification area of the Windows taskbar and then click "Exit". If you would like to remove the Software from your system please use the Windows Control Panel "Programs and Features" function to uninstall.
WebCompass makes use of the Windows Task Scheduler to start the Software on system login and provide automatic updates. If you would like to disable this functionality, open "Settings" from the Software's main menu, click "Advanced" and then click "Manage startup and updates".
8. SILENT INSTALLATION - The Software's installer supports silent installation enabling the Software to be installed without user interaction.
9. CHANGES TO TERMS – WebCompass Software may make changes to these terms and conditions from time to time at its sole discretion. When these changes are made, WebCompass Software will make any new terms and conditions available to you from within, or through, the Software or by other communication methods. You understand and agree that if you continue to use the Software after the date on which the Software terms and conditions have changed, such continued use of the Software shall be deemed as your acknowledgement and acceptance of the updated terms and conditions.